Wow! I guess people actually want to learn more about me! I have been nominated for another award; the Liebster Award for smaller blogs just on the brink of wide-scale recognition; waiting for the public to realize their awesomeness! Thank you so much to http://vjstracener.wordpress.com/ for nominating me. It is truly an honor to be featured in a category such as yourself and the many other fine voices out in WordPress land.
I guess there are rules as with anything and I’m required to do the following:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog. Thank you to From The Tree which can be found at, http://vjstracener.wordpress.com/ . You are a gem!
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions asked of you, and create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate.
3. Nominate 11 blogs you think deserve to be noticed, and leave comments for them letting them know they’ve been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag-backs.
Oh boy, get ready ’cause here I come! More than you probably ever wanted to know!
11 Facts about Me
1. I go by either Kathy or Kathleen interchangeably.
2. My real hair color is a mousy brown…and no, I have not seen it in over 25 years. 🙂
3. I love my dogs and animals in general so much that it hurts sometimes.
4. I have one beautiful, younger sister who is the bestest of the best in the world. No words, she’s my baby.
5. And I am so lucky to have 2 “built in” sissies that I love very much-my hubby’s sisters and two of my best friends.
5. I could use a massage right now.
6. I insist on only wearing Revlon Colorstay lipstick. I change off at night with Burts Bees chapstick.
7. I don’t tan well. I “freckle”.
8. I could live without snow ever again.
9. Music courses through my veins like blood. I live it, I breathe it. I need it to survive whether I’m performing or not.
10. I only have 380 Facebook friends. And that’s stretching it.
11. I love running, but only with fast music on.
Ok, now according to From the Tree, here is what she would like to hear from me.
1.Why did you start your blog/when did you start blogging?
-I started blogging exactly 114 days ago. On January 1st, I had a mini meltdown as my family was getting ready to fly back east after visiting for Christmas. Then, something suddenly came to me, I would blog every day for a year; trying new projects, recipes, etc etc and see what happened in a year’s time. We prayed about it and the rest is history!
2. Do you watch or read or follow current events or prefer to not know?
-I used to be a news junkie, now I follow the “ignorance is bliss” mentality and it’s true! I am a much happier person. I can learn on certain topics, but I don’t want to be inundated with one sided blasts and scare tactics from the media!
3. What is in your fridge right now?
-Ummm, uh oh. I’m a health coach but I can say what’s in there is mostly good? Salad stuff going bad, the stuff for my smoothie makings. Except for the leftover gluten free smores brownies.
4. What if a perfect moment in time like for you?
-Loaded question. I’d have to say a time when I’m happy and healthy and my family and friends are all happy and healthy. Preferably in my beach house in the Virgin Islands. 🙂
5. What is your favorite/least favorite book.
-Well, one of my recent faves is a book that an old friend just wrote, Sweet Thing, by Renee Carlino. We used to work together in San Diego and I just recently caught back up with her on FB. I will be interviewing her in an upcoming blog. A least fave? I usually don’t spend that much time reading the book if I don’t get hooked in the first couple chapters. Not enough time in the world to waste on bad books!
6. If you have a favorite place to write where is it?
-Well, I usually write during my lunchtime at work, but I’d rather be writing from a cutesy coffee shop; laptop on the table, like most of Boulder.
7. Beach house or Mountain cottage?
-No question! BEACH HOUSE! MINE MINE MINE!
8. What is your favorite topic to write about or what “tag” do you use the most?
-I haven’t found that out yet. I seem to tag handmade, crafts, recipes, or health a lot.
9. Who is your favorite author?
-God? 🙂 Otherwise, I love Nora Roberts, Maeve Binchy, Rosamunde Pilcher, tons of other names in my Goodreads.com list.
10. Star Wars or Star Trek or neither?
-Well, both and neither. I enjoyed both. Though, my preference is a good old-fashioned scary movie without all the blood and gore which is extremely rare these days. So I usually fall back on romantic comedies.
11. If you could get on a plane to any place outside the US right now and take a vacation where would you want to go?
-Pretty much anywhere-I’m dying for some international travel. I love it!
Here is my list of 11 questions for you lucky bloggers!
1. Coffee or tea?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4. What is your favorite ritual?
5. What do you do each day to help the planet or others?
6. If you don’t love animals, why not?
7. If you were President of the US, what is the first thing you’d do?
8. How many Facebook friends do you have?
9. What is your favorite veggie and how do you like it prepared?
10. If you had a 2 week, expenses paid travel voucher for anywhere in the world, where would you go?
11. What is your favorite song?
So, here is my list of 11 bloggers in no particular order who deserve a chance at stardom!
Good job to all these awesome bloggers and keep up the great work!